We here at Crank have had a very busy and productive couple of months working on releasing 1.3. We tried a different approach this time around with Storyboard Suite. What we changed was the time period for our Beta. It was extended to a couple of weeks and we invited a number of our customers to provide feedback. Not all the feedback was included into 1.3 as we would be in Beta for the next six months ;) What is included in 1.3 are fixes and enhancements that I'm sure you will find very helpful and will assist getting product to market much quicker. What about the stuff that was left out? Well, all that great feedback will be in upcoming 1.4 and beyond releases. As for now here is what you can expect in Storyboard Suite 1.3 ...
- OpenGL ES 2.0 support optimizes graphics acceleration
- Runtime performance and cache information enable users to optimize applications
- Added support for Windows Compact 7
- Design Templates provide users the ability to reuse components across projects
- Pop-up preview and Go To make navigating the application incredibly simple
- New image manager assists in replacing and cleaning up content
Interested in taking Storyboard Suite 1.3 for a test run? You can download a fully functioning evaluation version here.
Thanks again to all those involved providing feedback for Storyboard Suite 1.3!