Earlier this year we introduced Storyboard Suite 5.0, which gave UI designers more control than ever over the aesthetic and user experience of embedded application projects. The release included a lot of new functionality and features for both designers and engineers, especially in Storyboard Designer.
We've recently made enhancements and updates to Storyboard with our latest release, Storyboard Suite 5.1. Don't worry, these updates won't trip you up much from a functionality perspective. We haven't moved around the elements in the UI or introduced anything to the workflow that will require you to invest too much time to get up to speed. We've tweaked some things behind the scenes to make UI development work a little smoother and faster. More importantly, we've extended the reach of embedded application development by introducing support for new platforms and technologies, making it easier to deliver Storyboard applications across markets and hardware.
Storyboard Designer 5.1 updates and enhancements
Here's what's new in Storyboard Designer:
- Eclipse - Storyboard Designer is now based on the Eclipse Framework NEON 4.6.
- x64 - Storyboard Designer has been switched from a 32-bit application to 64-bit on all hosted platforms.
- Cloning - When cloning an object, we now check to see if a control with the new name already exists, so that you don't have to.
- Keyboard Shortcuts to group and ungroup - We' ve introduced the concept of grouping and un-grouping through a new action bound to Control/Command + G and Control/Command + SHIFT + G.
- SCP - The SCP command execution now has the ability to write output to the console.
- Lua Debugger - Storyboard Designer now queries the Lua debug port number in use and passes it into the runtime.
Increased platform support
With each release, we continue to increase the reach of Storyboard Suite across platforms, making it easier for our customers to work with a wide range of target hardware. Here's what's new in Storyboard 5.1:
- NXP i.MX8 - Take advantage of the powerful combination of Storyboard Suite and the NXP i.MX8.
- QNX 7.0 SDP swrender and OpenGL runtime - Develop high-performance, innovative, and secure applications for the new QNX 7.0 SDP.
- ST Accordo5 Wayland OpenGL runtime - Deliver cutting edge in-car experiences with Storyboard Suite for the ST Accordo5.
- Wind River VxWorks - Combine Storyboard Suite with the safety and security of the VxWorks real-time OS to bring world-class applications to market.
- Renesas RZ/A1 RGA- Storyboard 5.1 fully supports the Renesas Graphics Architecture (RGA) library to deliver impressive application performance for the RZ/A1 platform.
Try Storyboard Suite 5.1 for yourself! Start your free trial now and see how easy it is to create beautiful embedded UIs from concept to production, on more platforms than ever before.